Double denim? Yes Please!
The Double Denim Craze is Back! And I'm All For It!
Words & Photo by Billy George
Double Denim. What more can I say? It's a blessing in disguise. Dropping in and out of fashion every couple of years, it's a choice that divides friends. Should you or shouldn't you double up on your denim?
Well, you know my stance on the matter. Two is the magic number, and three is definitely not a crowd. Well if you're a beginner in the art of double denim, then you'll need a few helpful hints. Here are some rules I've compiled to help you along!
1. Play with colours. Adding a bit of tone between the top and the bottom is a great way to get going!
2. Don't wear denim accessories. It's too much! Accessorise, but not with other denim pieces!
3. Use different shades of denim to flatter or hide body parts you're a bit insecure with.
4. Don't wear a denim outfit that’s all the same weight or wash. You'll end up looking like Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears circa 2001. NEVER FORGET!
5. Definitely do distressed. It adds a bit of flavour.
6. Don't look too much to the Westerns for inspiration. It's a bit too obvious. Draw inspiration from it but please, don't copy it.
7. Dress up your double denim! You need to finish off the outfit in style - don't just leave it bare!
8. Don't ever end up looking like Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake, for the love of God. Unless it's Halloween!
Not convinced yet? How about some inspiration? I've compiled some of my favourite looks as seen on the streets from around the world. Take a look!